Whatagraph provides the possibility to explore the performance of niche Instagram hashtags. This functionality will not be associated with any specific IGB data source or any particular date range. And please bear in mind that the amount of posts with the hashtag will always be capped at 50 most recent or best performing posts due to API limitations.
Step 1: You can find it under studio widgets by dragging a single value (or media) widget onto the report.
Step 2: click on that widget on the report and change the report type to - 'hashtag', then type the hashtag that you are looking to report into the empty field and click enter. *combining hashtags is possible
ps. you have two media type selections:
- Top media - takes into consideration 50 most recent posts with the hashtag
- Recent media - takes into consideration 50 most recent posts with the hashtag within last 24 hours (depending on your time-zone)
Step 3: click on the metrics field and select one of the following metrics.
- Media count - amount of posts with the hashtag (limit applies)
- Like count - number of likes on posts with the hashtag (limit applies)
- Comments count - number or comments with the hashtag (limit applies)
Step 4: update widget and see the hashtag in action.
There are a few limitations associated with the hashtag functionality:
- API allows to pull 30 unique # per every 7 days
- The amount of posts with the # pulled will always be capped at 50
- Hashtag performance is fed in real time
- Only three metrics are available
Feel free to test this out and let us know if this helps!