We are super excited to introduce you to our new integration with Google Sheets! Keep in mind, it is still in Beta mode, but we're working on expanding the functionality soon.
Here are some useful tips to get you started:
- Google will display 100 most recent sheets connected to your account;
- A single spreadsheet should only have a single sheet per file. If there are more sheets in the same file, please create a new spreadsheet in a separate file and try to link it to Whatagraph;
- The document must have a date column – this is how the platform is able to recognise the date range;
- The reports will refresh every hour – so if you update something in your Google Sheets, it will update on our side within one hour (not instantly), you can however try to refresh a specific widget to speed it up;
- If you need to report on different number types (i.e. percentage or currency), you will have to build your own custom metrics.
1. Add Google Sheets as a new source to Whatagraph platform;
2. When you select Google Sheets as a source for your report, do not forget to set the same date range as the one you have in your Google Sheets document;
3. Please note that in order to present data from Google Sheets, you have to choose Studio type widgets;
4. Build your report! Watch this step-by-step video to understand better how the Whatagraph-Google Sheets integration works altogether.
If you have any questions or run into troubles when creating a report with Google Sheets, please do not hesitate to contact us via live chat.